Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day

Happy May 1st.

Last year around this time, Cliff and I were in the frantic last-minute stages of Wedding Planning. We were finishing up the semester, looking for a place to live, combining our bank accounts, arguing about insignificant details about the wedding (you married people know how that goes ::sigh::) and looking forward to our future together.

So what are we up to now?
- Cliff is finishing up his last ever seminary classes! YAY! He'll be graduating on May 16th and I'm really proud of him. He is going Full time at AT&T so we can have cheap insurance (and new contacts - Yes please!) for the next year. He's exploring other work options right now, so we're praying pretty hard that God will provide some great opportunities for him.

- I'm finishing up the semester as well, though I have two semesters left until I graduate. In the fall, I'll be doing my Mentoring (think Ministerial Internship) at my church and it's going to be a blast. I'm going through the Ordination process right now for the Disciples of Christ. I just had my intermediate meeting and I've been approved for my final meeting next April. Hooray! Hopefully, I'll be able to hold my ordination ceremony soon after graduation in May of 2009. And then? Full time ministry! Very awesome.

A lot has happened in the last year: Weddings, Funerals, New(Used) Cars, Car Accidents, New Family Members, New Jobs, New Babies, Surgeries, New Pets, New Friends, Bittersweet goodbyes. As I told my Dad, we've done the "worst, poorer and sicker" parts of the vows and now I'm ready for the richer! We've been married for almost a year, and I've been truly blessed because of it (hopefully Cliff will say the same).

We've got plans for a graduation party, a trip to the Renaissance Festival, and a New York city adventure. We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

C. L. Reeves said...

Love this idea. Makes it easy to keep up with your amazing lives! Looking forward to more!