Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ordination

Hey All,

Today (April 29th) at 1:30pm, I go before the Regional Committee on Ministry for my final ordination council. It's close to 2 hours long from start to finish and I will be sitting before over 30 committee members which includes the regional minister, area ministers and others. I have been heading towards this day for many years and though I am confidant that my call is to serve in the Disciples of Christ in pastoral ministry, I am still apprehensive about my meeting tomorrow. Though the council desires my success, they will also be pushing me hard on any number of important topics.

If you could, pray that:
- I have safe travel to and from the meeting
- I am clear in all of my answers and that I am able to recall pertinent information when needed
- I am calm in my spirit and that I have peace no matter the outcome
- God and ministry in His Kingdom is glorified by the meeting
- The Holy Spirit guides all minds and hearts throughout the process

Most likely the meeting will begin at 1:30, the questioning will go on till 3:00, the council's deliberations will last anywhere from 3:15 to 3:30, and the outcome of the meeting will be made known to me at about 3:30pm.

The prayers of the saints are powerful, so I am thankful to know that you will be among the cloud of witnesses that surrounds me during this final step towards ordination.

No comments: