I (Elizabeth) just got back from JYF camp (4th & 5th graders) and boy do I have a lot of stories. Here's a quick smattering of tantalizing tidbits:
- I ended up having to sing my girls to sleep EVERY SINGLE NIGHT
- Little girls can be just as mean to each other as teen-age girls. And I don't put up with it. Please - ask me how I put a stop to it.
- I made everyone say "Yes M'am"
- One of the girls in my room had a sore throat and let me know by telling me that "her sarcophagus hurt."
- I realized that I didn't remember the whole story of "Rumpelstiltskin" and so had to make up some parts. They didn't know the difference
- A group of 10 & 11 year olds can take Phillipians 4:4-9 and make a short play out of it in an hour and 10mn without killing each other.
- I can get a child's attention and inspire fear and obedience without having my voice.
Was it worth it? Of course.