Friday, August 1, 2008

Fantastic Friday

It's probably a hold-over from my days in public school, but I love Friday afternoons. Just the thought of no school/work/responsibilties for the next couple of days makes me giddy. Of course, now I have laundry/cleaning/grocery shopping to do in my free time and Sundays aren't really free since I work in a church...BUT...I still love Fridays. In honor of that, here's a list of the some of the best Friday's in Beffy History:
  • Friday, June 8th, 2007 - My last day as a single woman. After the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, Cliff and I met up with some friends to celebrate this next great step in our lives. The sommelier gave us some of the best port I HAVE EVER EVER TASTED IN MY WHOLE LIFE as our wedding gift.
  • Friday, June 30, 2006 - The day before my sister's wedding. Family was in town, my sister was so happy she could almost float, and I tied so many tiny ribbons my fingers were numb.
  • Friday, May5, 2006 - The day before I graduated from college I spoke at my college's convocation ceremony that morning and gave a sermon at the baccalaureate ceremony that night (how I got those gigs is a longer story). My parents drove all day long and made it to my baccalaureate mere seconds before I started.
  • Friday, April 21, 2006 - The opening night of "The Robber Bridegroom" (a bluegrass musical) where I played the evil stepmother who had a great vampy solo. It was my last show at Ethington, and as it turned out, the last show EVER for GCU theatre. Here are some pictures
What were your best Friday memories?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took a nap last Friday. It was good.

C. L. Reeves said...

My very best Friday would have to be Friday, January 5, 1979 - -

C. L. Reeves said...

Or maybe Friday, October 17, 1980